These vegan spicy sweet chilli noodles are so quick and easy to make, they are my go-to lazy girl weeknight recipe! Or weekend if you’re craving a take away but want something fresh and healthier!
You can use any veggies you like, I went for broccoli, courgette and mushrooms but you can use what you like or have in the fridge! It’s a great recipe if you need to use up any veggies in the fridge.
The spicy, sticky sauce is made up of sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce, sriracha and some peanut butter. These are all staples in my kitchen and hopefully yours too!
It is so simple that it almost isn’t a recipe, but it is full of flavour and spice which I love!
To make this a little healthier I used wholewheat noodles. You can find them in most supermarkets and are usually vegan. But of course, you can use your favourite kind of noodles, that decision is yours!
I very rarely eat out or get take away from chinese/thai restaurants as I don’t trust what they say is vegan, unless it is a vegan restaurant obviously.
So often they put fish sauce in veggie dishes without thinking and so I will always make my own homemade take out recipes, like this!
If you’re feeling really lazy and don’t want to stir fry the veg I won’t judge you if you just eat the noodles with the sauce (guilty on many occasions when I’m in a rush).
If you want to add some extra protein to these noodles, fry up some tofu/seitan/tempeh with the veggies!
For more noodle recipes you may enjoy these:
As always if you make these spicy sweet chilli veggie noodles be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe and tag me on Instagram. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! GET MORE VEGAN RECIPES SENT STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX – SUBSCRIBE HERE ?
- 1 onion
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 courgette
- 150g mushrooms
- 2 nests of wholewheat noodles*
- 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp boiled water
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tsp fresh chilli/dried chilli flakes
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a saucepan/wok on medium heat. Finely slice the onion and add, let this cook for a minute.
- Next cut the broccoli into bite sized florets, the courgette in half and then into slices and thinly slice the mushrooms. Add these to the pan and let cook, stirring occasionally whilst you prepare the sauce.
- In a bowl add the sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce, sriracha, water and peanut butter and whisk.
- Cook the noodles according to packet instructions then add to the veggies along with the sauce and mix well.
- Serve and top with some fresh chilli or dried chilli flakes and sesame seeds!
- I use these noodles, but you can use any noodles you wish.
- For extra protein add some tofu/seitan/tempeh!
- Best eaten fresh but will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 646Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 2135mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 9gSugar: 24gProtein: 32g