These vegan chocolate chip peanut butter granola bars are the perfect healthy, naturally sweetened and a totally delicious snack or breakfast!
These protein packed bars are loaded with dates, cashews, almonds, peanut butter, coconut and dark chocolate chips. All of the good things!
Plus they’re super easy to make and good for you! They’re great as a breakfast bar, post workout snack or afternoon pick-me-up!
For me, a granola bar needs to be sweet, chocolatey and full of texture. And these have all of that! With chunks of cashews and almonds they have the perfect crunch.
Whilst I’ve gone for cashews and almonds you can switch these up with any nuts that you prefer or have on hand!
What you’ll need for healthy chocolate chip granola bars:
- Maple syrup
- Peanut butter
- Coconut oil
- Cocao powder
- Chia seeds
- Rolled oats
- Dessicated coconut
- Dark chocolate
How to make vegan chocolate chip granola bars:
These granola bars start with toasting the nuts. I find this really emhances their nutty flavour and gets rid of any bitterness.
Place on a baking tray and pop in the oven for 4-5 minutes until lightly golden. Keep an eye on them as they will burn quickly.
Whilst they are toasting place the dates, peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla in a food processor. Pulse until it forms a mostly smooth paste, a few chunks of dates is okay.
Now add the nuts and pulse until the nuts have broken down into smallish chunks.
Transfer to a bowl and add the oats, dessicated coconut, chia seeds, coconut oil, chocolate chips and cocao powder.
Use your hands to bring the mixture together until combined. Transfer into a parchment lined square cake tin and use the back of a spoon to spread into the corners.
Leave to set in the fridge for an hour and then cut into 12 slices. Melt the dark chocolate and drizzle on top of each slice! You can leave the chocolate drizzle off but in my opinion you can never have too much!
They’ll keep in the fridge for 3-5 days, ready for you to grab for the week ahead!
For more chocolate treats you may enjoy these:
As always if you make these chocolate chip peanut butter granola bars be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe and tag me on Instagram. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! GET MORE VEGAN RECIPES SENT STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX – SUBSCRIBE HERE ?
- 1/2 cup / 80g cashews
- 1/2 cup / 80g blanched almonds
- 1 cup / 150g dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup / 125g peanut butter
- 1/3 cup / 80ml maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup / 40g desiccated coconut
- 1.5 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups / 180g rolled oats
- 2 tbsp cocao powder
- 50g dark chocolate (chips or bar)
- 50g dark chocolate
- Place cashews and almonds on a baking tray and toast in the oven for 4-5 minutes at 180C/350F. Keep an eye on them as they will burn quickly, they should be lightly golden.
- Place dates, peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla in a food processor and pulse until it forms a paste and is mostly smooth. Some small chunks of dates is okay.
- Add the nuts to the food processor and blend until they have broken down into small chunks.
- Transfer to a bowl and add all the remaining ingredients. If using a bar of dark chocolate, cut into small chunks.
- Use your hands to bring the mixture together until it has combined into a rough ball shape.
- Line a 8x8 inch cake tin with parchment paper. Add the mixture and firmly push into the corners, use a back of a tablespoon to get it nice and flat.
- Pop in the fridge for an hour and then cut into 12 bars. Melt the dark chocolate over a bain-marie and then drizzle on top of each bar.
Use good quality dark chocolate, I use 70%.
You can sub the nuts for whatever you prefer or have on hand.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.