Craving pizza, but want a healthier low-carb version? Welcome to my lentil crust pizza. Told you I loved lentils. This crust is so so easy, I remember making cauliflower crust once and it was such a faff and took way longer. If you’re anything like me, when I want pizza, I want it fast! This can be whizzed up in under a minute, then all you need to do is fry it like a pancake, and you’re good to go. I really wanted to make my own vegan cheese on this and I found this cashew ricotta recipe from Fooduzzi. I used smoked garlic granules instead of regular and it was DELICIOUS. I also topped it with spinach, oyster and portobello mushrooms, sun dried tomato and basil. Use what you have, it’ll be delicious. Vegan mozzarella, tomatoes and pesto is also a great combo!
- 1½ cups dried red lentils
- 1½ cups water
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- Toppings of your choice
- Rinse the lentils and then put in a blender the the water, garlic and herbs and blend until it becomes thick, like a pancake batter. I use a nutribullet and it takes about 30 seconds.
- Pour a little oil into a frying pan on medium heat. Once hot, pour in half the batter. Spread it out so that there is a layer about ¼ cm thick. Once little bubbles start to appear, flip it over. Make sure none is stuck to the pan or it will break. Fry on the other side for a few minutes. Repeat this with the rest of the batter, so you have two bases.
- Remove from the hob and carefully place on a pizza baking tray. Add toppings of your choice. Cook for about 12 minutes.
- I like to finish mine off with some pesto, chilli flakes and garlic oil.