I have seen so many chocolate bark pictures on my social media and so I couldn’t resist making some. I’m all about homemade gifts as presents, especially edible ones. If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen my homemade damson gin that I’m giving my loved ones this year, and some fruity chocolate bark seemed like the perfect accompaniment.
It literally takes 10 minutes to make, then it just needs to be left to cool. To make it Christmassy, I used golden raisins, cranberries, hazelnuts and orange zest. It is such an easy and tasty gift to give this Christmas, or any occasion, especially if you’ve left it last minute! I bought this bag of jumbo crimson and golden raisins with cranberries, from Sainsburys, and it gave it these beautiful festive colours! I wrapped a few pieces up in cellophane and tied with string. If you’re a chocolate fiend like me, you’d be happy with a few bags of this under the tree!
- 200g good quality dark chocolate
- ½ cup raisins and dried cranberries
- ¼ cup hazlenuts, roughly chopped
- 1 orange
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie. Then pour out onto a lined baking sheet. Smooth it out so it is a few mm thick.
- Sprinkle on the raisins, cranberries, chopped hazlenuts and grated orange zest.
- Leave to set somewhere cool and then cut with a sharp knife dipped in hot water. I chopped mine into about 10 large pieces.