These soft, moist and fruity vegan blueberry and coconut muffins are the perfect treat for breakfast or anytime of the day snack!
The coconut flavour comes from coconut yoghurt, coconut milk and desiccated coconut which makes these muffins super moist with some added texture.
Coconut and blueberry are the perfect match and this couldn’t be more true in these muffins!
Blueberry muffins used to be my go to if I was getting breakfast on the go and grabbing breakfast from a coffee shop.
Luckily I don’t have to commute for work anymore and can make my own vegan blueberry muffins at home! You won’t even know these are vegan, they are so moist and fluffy!
This recipe will make 6 large muffins or 10-12 small muffins. If you’re making smaller ones I would start of by baking them for 12-15 minutes.
I like to make them bigger as they are more filling and who doesn’t want a large muffin!?
The recipe is really straight forward and can all be mixed in one bowl, saving you from washing up a sink full of utensils!
These blueberry and coconut muffins are best enjoyed with a fresh cup of coffee or tea on a lazy Sunday morning! I won’t tell anyone if you eat three in one day either.
If you love fruity cake, take a look at these:
As always if you make this blueberry and coconut muffins be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe and tag me on Instagram. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! GET MORE VEGAN RECIPES SENT STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX – SUBSCRIBE HERE ?
- 75g vegan butter
- 140g light brown sugar
- 2 flax eggs*
- 110g coconut yoghurt
- 60ml vegan milk (coconut/almond/oat)
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 180g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 6 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 150g blueberries
- Coconut yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- In a large bowl mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Next add the flax eggs, coconut yoghurt, milk, lemon juice, vanilla and stir.
- Then sieve and add the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Fold in with the wet ingredients and then add the desiccated coconut and blueberries until combined.
- Spoon into 6 large muffin cases. Place into the oven for 25 minutes. Check they are ready by inserting a skewer, if it comes out clean they are ready. If not, leave for a few more minutes.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy straight away or keep in an air tight container for 2-3 days. I like to serve mine with some extra coconut yoghurt and blueberries on top!
*1 flax egg = 1 tbsp flaxseed mixed with 2.5 tbsp water
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 384Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 610mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 3gSugar: 31gProtein: 6g