The most perfect vegan double chocolate chip cookies that you would never know were vegan! Soft and gooey on the inside and crispy on the outside with chunks of dark and white chocolate.
My earliest memory of eating cookies are the one’s from Millies Cookies (a cookie shop in the UK). Whenever I was dragged round the shops as a child we would be treated to a bag of them.
They were perfectly warm, soft and gooey, and you could eat 5 in one go they were that good. As well as being nostalgic, these cookies are the best damn cookies I’ve eaten since then. Plus they are vegan, and you can’t even tell. Because that’s what non-vegans look for right?
Trust me when I say you need these cookies in your life. They only take 20 minutes from start to finish.
Which is the same time it takes you to go to the shop to get a bag when you are craving cookies. Because craving cookies is a real thing, in case you didn’t know.
And once you have made these, you will crave homemade vegan cookies ALL the time.
I used vegan white and dark chocolate but you could also use some vegan milk chocolate or whatever ratio you fancy or have in the cupboard.
I know I have mentioned this before but iChoc does the best vegan white chocolate ever. I got back from Berlin the other day and you should have seen my face when I saw them on offer and half the price of the UK stockists.
They sell it in most health food shops or on Amazon and you must try it. Think milky way. Alternatively, the Sainsburys free from white chocolate is more affordable and good for baking!
For more cookie recipes you may enjoy these:
Peanut butter chocolate cookies
White chocolate raspberry cookies
As always if you make double chocolate chip cookies be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe and tag me on Instagram. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Don’t forget to follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram – I’d love to see you all there!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! GET MORE VEGAN RECIPES SENT STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX – SUBSCRIBE HERE ?
Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
The BEST and only double chocolate chip cookies that you need in your life right now. Buttery, chewy on the inside with a crispy exterior. I guarantee you won't be able to resist eating them all!
- 115g / 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 200g / 1.5 cups light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tbsp water
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 75g dark chocolate
- 75g vegan white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Cream the sugar and butter with an electric whisk until it is creamy and soft.
- Mix the arrowroot and water in a cup and then add with the vanilla bean paste and stir.
- Sift the baking powder and flour into the bowl, and fold.
- If you are using chocolate bars, cut into smallish chunks and add. Stir with a wooden spoon so they are evenly distributed.
- Line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- Divide the mixture in half, and then half again so that you have 4 equal parts. Then divide each part into 4 golf sized balls. You should make 16 in total.
- Place them onto the baking paper making sure to leave enough room for each to spread. Gently push them down.
- Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes. They may still look soft and gooey in the middle but don't be tempted to leave them in longer. They will harden when cooling and give that perfect gooey texture.
- For best results, eat when warm! They will last for a few days in an airtight container, although I am pretty certain they won't last that long!
I used Green & Blacks 70% dark chocolate and iChoc white vanilla chocolate.
If you are in the UK - Pure/Vitalite are great vegan butters.
Vanilla bean paste will give a stronger flavour, but can be subbed for vanilla essence.
Use cornflour if you don't have arrowroot, with the same ratio.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 86mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g
Monday 9th of April 2018
These are honestly absolutely delicious! Personally I am not a vegan, but I would choose these over ANY cookie recipie ????
Thursday 1st of March 2018
OMG. These look so soft and chewy, and that melted chocolate is what dreams are made of. :)
Thursday 1st of March 2018
Jen - thanks so much! I appreciate your comments so much. Made these so many times! Full of butter and sugar but sometimes it's needed haha