Sweet roasted red pepper and sundried tomato pasta is the perfect way to welcome spring and the red pepper season!
This sauce is packed with roasted red pepper, umami filled sundried tomatoes, garlic, vegan cream cheese and lots of basil!
This sauce only requires a handful of ingredients but is packed with flavour, I could happily eat it by the spoonful!
Once the red peppers are roasted everything gets whizzed in a food processor and that’s it!
I served this with linguine but this would be delicious on any kind of pasta!
To make this sauce extra creamy we’ve added some vegan cream cheese and some drained pasta water.
That stuff is magic if you want to add creaminess to sauces, so always reserve some! I just scoop out a cup before I drain it, and add as needed.
If you’re in the UK, my favourite vegan cream cheese is the Sainsbury’s Free From Original cream cheese. It is the best in cheesy creamy sauces!
I nearly always put sundried tomatoes in pasta sauces, whether its a tomato or creamy based sauce. I think its safe to say I’m actually obsessed with them.
Pasta wouldn’t be complete without a generous grating of vegan parmesan. I use the Violife parmesan which is a great dairy alternative.
I also topped this red pepper pasta with some chilli flakes, lots of black pepper and extra basil and sundried tomatoes!
The sundried tomatoes needed for this recipes are the ones in a jar with oil, the oil is full of flavour and is a great alternative to using olive oil. It helps bring the sauce together and adds more depth of flavour.
This roasted red pepper and sundried tomato sauce is not only great with pasta but also as a dip or a spread. Kind of like a tapenade. Add it to a buddha bowl of spread on some toast!
It would be great on toast or in a sandwich, a dip for crisps or veggies or on a jacket potato.
There are so many things I want to eat this with, let me know if you try it with anything other than pasta!
This recipe comes together in 40 minutes, which may be a little longer than your regular pasta recipe but the roasting of the peppers is essential to this recipe!
If you don’t have any fresh peppers but have a jar of roasted red peppers, you can use these.
You may also love these pasta recipes:
As always if you make this roasted red pepper and sundried tomato pasta be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe and tag me on Instagram. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! GET MORE VEGAN RECIPES SENT STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX – SUBSCRIBE HERE 🙂
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup / about 6 sundried tomatoes (in oil)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 heaped tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 1 tbsp sundried tomato oil
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil
- 300g pasta
- Vegan parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F.
- Cut the storks off the peppers, deseed and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Place on a roasting tray with a glug of oil and salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- The peppers are done when they are starting to char and are soft.
- Place in a food processor with the garlic and sundried tomatoes. Blitz until finely chopped.
- Add the sundried tomato oil, cream cheese, and basil. Blitz again. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Boil some salted water and cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Before draining, reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Place the pasta back into the saucepan, add the sauce and stir. Then add 1/4-1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Serve with some vegan parmesan, chilli flakes and extra basil and sundried tomatoes!
For gf option use gf pasta.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 431mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 8g