Sweet and spicy baked vegan maple sriracha cauliflower wings with garlic lime ranch!
These cauliflower wings are perfectly soft in the inside, coated in a crispy batter and baked in a maple and sriracha sauce.
I can’t explain how good these are, you just gotta go make them! They are highly addictive, so once you start snacking on them you wont be able to stop!
Cauliflower wings are always the type of thing I order when I go out to eat but I knew I had to make them to enjoy at home, and you can too! They can be yours in under 45 minutes!
How to make cauliflower wings:
To start, the cauliflower is cut into bite sized florets and then coated with a batter and baked for 20 minutes, turning half way. The batter is made up of flour, plant milk and seasoning. It takes no time at all!
Whilst the cauliflower is baking you can prepare your maple sriracha sauce. On the hob you’ll melt vegan butter and then add the remaining ingredients.
You want it to thicken and be nice and sticky, to achieve this you’ll let it boil for about 45 seconds.
Using a pastry brush you’ll coat the wings with the sauce and bake for a further 15 minutes. Next you can prepare you’re super easy vegan ranch.
For the ranch you’ll need vegan mayo (follow your heart is my favourite), garlic, lime, apple cider vinegar, onion powder and salt and pepper. Crush the garlic and simply mix all the ingredients together.
These maple sriracha wings are quite spicy so the cooling ranch is the perfect accompaniment. You could also use your favourite dressing or dip if you prefer!
I could eat this cauliflower wings any time of the day, in fact I had them as a late morning snack today! And as a midnight snack last night after I shot them! They are so addictive you won’t be able to just have a couple!
I may just have to go and make another batch of these, the cravings are already kicking in! There is something so delicious about sweet and spicy and I can’t get enough!
As delicious as they are on their own these cauliflower wings would also be great in tacos, in a wrap or with a salad! If you make them, let me know how you enjoyed them!
That’s if you can wait that long once they come out the oven, it took approximately 3 seconds from coming out the oven to being in my mouth!
As you can see, I topped these cauliflower wings with some fresh coriander and sesame seeds – so good! They are best served straight away but if you want to cook them and then reheat them pop them in the oven for about 10-15 minutes at 150C/300F.
For more cauliflower recipes you may enjoy these!
As always if you make these vegan maple sriracha cauliflower wings be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe and tag me on Instagram. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! GET MORE VEGAN RECIPES SENT STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX – SUBSCRIBE HERE 🙂
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other plant milk)
- 1.5 tsp onion powder
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Generous sprinkling of black pepper
Maple Sriracha Sauce
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sriracha
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite sized florets (it will make around 25) and line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Place the batter ingredients in a bowl and whisk. It should be like a pancake batter consistency, not too runny.
- Using a fork, place the cauliflower florets into the batter making sure to fully coat them. Let any excess batter drip off and then place onto the lined baking sheet.
- Continue until they are all coated, make sure they aren't touching.
- Place into the oven and set the timer for 10 minutes. Using a spatula carefully flip them over and place in for a further 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and then add the remaining sauce ingredients. Stir and bring to the boil for about 45 seconds. It should be nice and sticky. Taste (careful as it will be hot) and if you think it's too spicy, add some extra maple syrup.
- Once the timer goes off, use a brush to coat each cauliflower wing with the sticky sauce.
- Place back into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Mix all the ranch ingredients together in a bowl and serve with the wings. I topped them with some fresh coriander and sesame seeds!
To reheat the wings, place in the oven for 15 minutes at 150C/300F.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 25 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 76Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 135mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g